Another year in my life has gone by and here are some things I learned:
- Understanding is all around you ~ I opened my eyes to a lot of new people this year and it’s been transformative.
- That being said, you only have yourself to rely on, but it’s ok to ask for help ~ I was the most independent this year as I’ve ever been: it was scary, fun, energizing, confusing and ever-changing, but it’s totally worth it.
- You aren’t wrong all the time ~ I’m more confident as I get older and don’t feel I have to back down to other opinions as much. Listen, try to understand, but don’t lose yourself in other peoples’ views too easily.
- Time flies and things take longer than you think they will ~ I don’t know how this happens, but I’m trying to be on time more often. Don’t get stuck. Move on. Really.
- Just the right time may never come, so you might not want to wait any longer to do what you want to do. #Yolo
Be happy, be well. Here’s to another great year…
Continuing with the slew of July Birthdays we have a Katie, a Katie and a Katy! I’ve known Katie #1 since kindergarten and we recently had the privilege of attending ALT Design Summit together, so when she asked me to do arrangements for her birthday party I was in. She wanted to decorate her place and complement the adorable Martha Stewart Modern Festive Party Decorations she chose. So into the Ball Heritage Collection jars went green hydrangea, yellow callas (her fave), billy balls and Free Spirit pink-orange roses.The next Katie turned 9 on July 5th and I met her when she was only 4. Here she is on the right with her equally adorable sister Maggie. I share a special bond with Katie and Maggie since I was also adopted and I look forward to seeing them before they get even bigger!Katy’s birthday was also on July 5th and on the 6th we got together to throw her a surprise party. As my college roommate Katy’s known me a long time too so I wanted to make special decorations for her.And also a flower red velvet cake. I’m liking making ‘sweets’ out of flowers, like Evelyne’s pink peony and purple sweet pea flower birthday cake and the flower cupcakes too.It was a fun night and she was surprised. I also made yummy “chicken & waffles” after seeing this post on Pinterest. Just frozen mini waffles and buffalo chicken bites, done in a flash.Even more birthday celebrations coming up this weekend so I’ll be off to the NYC Flower Market again. Here’s a little behind-the-scenes video from my new YouTube Channel. Enjoy the tour!